Monday, November 29, 2010

A Daily Dose of Truth

I am my own worst enemy. Aren't we all? I don't know when I became so self-deprecating and the fact that I can't remember leads me to believe that I have always been this way to some extent.
I believe that this is my biggest character flaw and it is one that I am going to change. I refuse to listen to myself anymore! I have decided to come up with pre-meditated responses to the lies I tell myself every day just to keep myself in check. I think the best way to do this is to list the things that I know to be true. That way I can focus on knowing those things all the way down to the core of my being whether or not I may feel them at any particular moment. My goal is to know my own truths to the point that I dismiss any thoughts that are contrary to them.
This list may not be all-inclusive at first so I will give myself the liberty to adjust it as needed, but for now all I need is a starting point to change.

1. I am forgiven.
2. I am loved by God.
3. Everything in my life is a gift from Him and not a result of any of my own efforts.
4. My husband is an amazing partner.
5. My children are blessings.


It's kind of a simple list but I think it's the best place to start. It was surprisingly harder to write than I thought it would be.

1 comment:

  1. Victim stance. That was my biggest thing to overcome when I finally gave my life to God too. All you really can do is choose to believe the truth about yourself. Good job! One thing I used to help me snap out of those thoughts before I could focus on the truth was "get over yourself". That helped me realize what I was doing and then I could go the the truth statements. And yes, I still have to pull that one out quite a bit :)

    ReplyDelete