Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Update

Here's an update on my unplugged status, in case you were curious. I have significantly cut back on my computer time and facebook interactions and have left the TV off for the majority of my days. I don't really watch much TV anyway, but I usually had it on for background noise. Instead of all of these over-indulged technological outlets, I have returned to filling my life with music. I cannot even begin to express how much better I feel about my life! A friend of mine recently turned me back on to Christian music. I haven't listened to it for a very long time. I just can't believe the difference it makes in my attitude and outlook on life. Lately I feel like a Von Trapp child. I want to run through the house singing at the top of my lungs. (And I do, of course.)
I have put much more of an effort into keeping up with the housework too. (Gross, I know.) But I hardly even mind when I'm singing the whole time. Yesterday I managed to do ALL of the laundry in our house. ( Which, apparently, has never been done before because I ran out of hangers when I was putting things away!) Then, I scrubbed the baseboards, washed the blinds, and polished all of the furniture including the kitchen cabinets. I even climbed up on top of my counters and washed the tops of the cabinets. Let's just say that I should maybe visit that area more frequently. That was nasty! And even after all of that, I had time to learn a new song on the piano. That is my release. I think I forgot how much so. I never actually felt like much of a pianist. I always learn enough to be able to accompany myself on a song I want to sing, but I don't REALLY play. This new song was a challenge for me. Partially because I haven't played in so long and partially because it is technically difficult for me. But even though it's hard, I've pushed through and pretty much have it figured out now. It feels so good to have accomplished that! I can't wait to share it! I will play it for you if you ever stop by. :)
Everyone has their stress-reliever and music is definitely mine. It's kind of sad that it took a facebook boycott to remind myself of that but hopefully now I am establishing a new routine for myself that includes daily "music therapy" sessions. I'm glad that I've had a good re-evaluation of my priorities so I can implement them correctly from now on.....God, Family, Music...I think that's a good start to my list.

1 comment:

  1. I have some great music to send you then! So much Christian music is ubber cheesey but I have some that you will like. :)

    ReplyDelete